Core class for bioengineering undergrads covering rigid body dynamics and mechanics of materials.
Mechanics of Materials
Core class for mechanical engineering undergrads covering stress and strain calculations.
Graduate level technical elective covering mechanics of the musculoskeletal system, including physiology, structure, function, and mechanics.
Senior mechanical engineering required final design project. Teams of students design, build, and test mechanical designs.
Design in Nature
Currently taught as a summer course in Oxford through the Dialogue of Civilizations program, this course examines evolution as a design process.
- 2011 Rector’s Medal for Excellence in Teaching
- 2010 Royal Academy of Engineering Exxon Mobil Teaching Award
- 2010 Faculty of Engineering Teaching Award
- 2010 Department of Bioengineering Best Teacher Award
- Mathworks Curriculum Development Grant: Developing virtual mechanics labs
- Envision Engineering Education Grant: Bringing the lab to the lecture theater
- Teaching Development Grant: Mechanics in motion: visualizing physical principles